Sunday, November 18, 2007


Dear Dad,
I remember bike rides in the South of France: you piled several of us kids onto one bike and we explored caves until the high tide flushed us back to the safety of the cliffs.

I remember you playing guitar to us: Bobby Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot, Peter, Paul & Mary, James Taylor. The songs of childhood showing your love for us

I remember you heading out for a jog in the morning, and sometimes dragging me with you (but I am grateful for that now...)
I remember thinking -- does IBM stand for "I've Been Moved..."? But through it all, you were there -- happy to lend a listening ear, help with the transition, and be a great Dad to all of us
We moved to New Canaan and you found a home: with friends who supported you, good times with Mom going to plays, dances, dinners, and always there for us kids -- for every high school dance and sport event, every jazz concert and graduation.

It's wonderful to see you now, High School Math Team leader, Math Teacher, business manager for theater 308, community member -- and yet still always first and foremost, our Dad

Here's to you! Love you so much
xoxo
Alyssa

No comments: